Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

New ventures...

Well I was getting board so I decided to find something to amuse me while on Unemployment. Well I was admiring the scarf my sister made me for Christmas and I said I can do that, and then it struck me.. Yeah know one of those "deee ta deee" moments, That I could have been making hats, scarfs, and mittens for my grandchildren for the winter instead of complaining to my daughter to get them some. So it began; I pulled out all yarn I owned and sent word to my Aunt that I needed yarn and that was all it took. My Aunt came over with a trash bag half full of goodies (yarn), and let me tell you she made my day! Also GOOGLE is your friend! An addicting friend but a friend none the less. I googled Crocheted hats and that was it I was hooked. I have found the mother load; Dresses, Hats, Scarves, Mittens, and toys!!

So I ended up making three hats. I was attracted to this hat (Gooseberry Flapper Hats) but didn't have the cash to buy the pattern so I kept looking and found this pattern (The Art of Crochet by Teresa) and here Youtube videos (Crochet Shell Beanie Hat) and I found a couple other ones too. These sites are awesome and Teresa is an awesome teacher I love her sites she gives you the patterns but you also get a step by step tutorial video too.... BONUS! I'm telling you  I never felt like I had confidence in what I crochet till I made these hats n things:
My Grandson and a new sun hat!

 My Grandson and his new Bear!

 Grandson's winter hat before I was done.

 Grandson's Mittens

My Older Grand-daughter and her new hat!

 Grand-daughter's hat close up.

 Grand-daughter's Shirt comes to upper thighs ware with leggins.

Grand-daughter's dolly dress.

My younger Grand-daughter's hat!

The Hat and Scarf, there going to be attached.

2 comments:

Gwendolyn said...

What beautiful projects! Your grandchildren are so lucky!

Unknown said...

Thank you again! I learned to do these on line best videos to watch is "Art of Crochet by Teresa" on Youtube.com.